Mykonos Archaeological Museum
The Archaeological Museum of Mykonos was built in 1902, in order to house the
finds from the "Purification Pit" of 426/5 B.C., which was discovered in 1898 on
the islet of Rhenia, by D. Stavropoulos.
The Aegean Maritime Museum is housed in a traditional Mykonian building of the 19th century located at the centre of the Town of Mykonos, in the area known as Tria Pigadia. The building was the home of the legendary Master of the merchant ship "Enosis", Nikolaos Sourmelis, who assisted the Cretans during their war of independence from the Ottoman Empire.
Delos Archaeological Museum
Delos Museum was built in 1904 by the Archaeological Society at Athens and originally consisted of the five western rooms. It was enlarged in 1931 and 1972 and in the same period, the exterior of the building underwent great, but unfortunate, alterations. The present exhibition is arranged in nine rooms.